October 14, 2015
GREATER LAPEER TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
- CALL TO ORDER
Chairman John Kosiara called the meeting to order at 4:00 pm. Chairman John Kosiara led the pledge of allegiance.
- ROLL CALL – Present: John Kosiara-Elba Township, Dan Engelman-Mayfield Township, Larry Van Horn-Oregon Township, David VanWagnen-City of Lapeer, Harry Green-City of Lapeer, Dawn Walker-Lapeer Township, Ray Hayes-Deerfield Township Absent: Elaine Gates-City of Lapeer
Also Present: Kelly Bales-Executive Director, Brad Fry-Maintenance Director and Traci Pewinski Finance & Operations Manager
III. CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO AGENDA – no changes
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS – no public comments
- CORRESPONDENCE -a resignation letter from board member John Lyons-City of Lapeer. Also received letter from City of Lapeer, appointing Elaine Gates as City of Lapeer board member.
- MAINTENANCE ISSUES – were discussed.
VII. ACTION ITEMS – Approval of the Agenda – Motion by Van Horn, supported by, Green to approve the agenda. Unanimously carried
Meeting Minutes – September 2015 – approve the minutes.
- Bill List – September 2015 – Motion to approve the bills. Roll call vote, Ayes,:7 Nays: None, Motion carried
- Contracts – 2012-0089/P15-Specialized Services
- V/L Monroe Motion by Walker supported by Engelman to extend an offer of $42,500.00 contingent on Phase I & II. If Phase I is not doesn’t come out good, may not move forward on Phase II. Discussion took place concerning purchasing the vacant property directly across the street from Greater Lapeer Transportation Authority. Executive director Bales talked to Linda Jackman at the county concerning this property. The property is zoned I1, there should be no issues with a pole barn style transportation warehouse being built on the property. Discussion took place regarding the property being considered a brown field and requiring Phase I & II to do done. After discussion it was decided that we make an offer. Ayes: 7, Nays: None. Motion carried
Employee Handbook Reviewed -Executive Director Bales met with Attorney Brian Garner concerning review of the employee handbook. Attorney Garner will be reviewing and organizing the handbook for GLTA.
VIII. DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Income and Expense Statement – September 2015, Income and Expense Statement approved.
- Balance Sheet – September 2015 – Balance sheet approved.
- Open Contracts
i.FY11 Section 5311/CMAQ/STP/P8-Comm. Equipment – Tablets
- FY14 Section 5311/CMAQ/P11-Bus Replacement – inspecting the bus tomorrow.
- Wage comparison committee and approved updates.
- INFORMATIONAL ITEMS – Ridership Report – September 2015
- NEXT MEETING – Next meeting will be held on November 11, 2015 at 4:00 pm
- ADJOURNMENT at 5:55 pm.