October 9, 2013 Board Meeting
GREATER LAPEER TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
OCTOBER 9, 2013
CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order at 4:00 by Chairman John Kosiara. Pledge of Allegiance.
John Kosiara, Larry Vanhorn, Dan Engelman, John Lyons, Dave VanWagnen, Harry Green, Ray Hayes, Dawn Walker (excused at 5:15). Others: Mike DeLorenzo of Michigan Planners, Carol Wegher, Brad Fry and Beverly Dupuis .
CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO AGENDA
HEALTH CARE REFORM
Mike DeLorenzo from Michigan Planners discussed the effects the Health Care Reform will present for GLTA.
ANNUAL MEETING-ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Regular meeting closed at 4:45, annual meeting opened at 4:46.
Chair –Walker nominated Engelman- declined. Vanhorn nominated Lyons- declined. Green nominated Kosiara, nomination accepted, second by Engelman. Motion approved unanimously.
Vice-Chair – Kosiara nominated Green, nomination accepted, second by Lyons. Motion approved unanimously.
Secretary – Green nominates Walker, nomination accepted, second by Kosiara. Motion approved unanimously.
Annual meeting closed at 4:49, regular meeting reopened at 4:50.
Motion by Vanhorn second by Walker to approve the agenda and the minutes of the September 11, 2013 meeting as submitted. Motion approved unanimously.
Motion by Walker second by Vanhorn to approve the bill listing as submitted. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously.
- Master Agreement 2012-0089 revision requiring one signature on MDOT contacts. Motion by Walker second by Lyons to approve. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously. GLTA will continue to use two signatures unless one person is unavailable.
- MDOT 2012-0089/P9 Specialized Services. Motion by Engelman second by VanWagnen to approve. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously.
FY13 Wages. Motion by Hayes second by Lyons to give all hourly employees a .35 per hour raise effective October 7, 2013. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously. Motion by Engelman second by Green to give all salaried employees $1107 per year effective October 7, 2013. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously.
- Maintenance issues were discussed.
- Income/Expense statement was reviewed.
- Balance Sheet was reviewed.
- State operating subsidy for FY14 increased slightly from the projected amount .
- Open Contracts
- FY11 Section 5311/CMAQ/STP Bus Replacement, Parking Lot, & Communication Equipment.
- F12 Section 5311/STP Bus Replacement
- FY12 Section 5309 State of Good Repair-Bus Replacement.
Ridership for September 2013 has increased over 1,000 passengers compared to September 2012.
- The next meeting will be rescheduled for November 6, 2013 at 4:00PM
Motion by Engelman second by Lyons to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 5:40PM.
Beverly Dupuis Recording Secretary Dawn M. Walker Secretary