August 14, 2013 Board Minutes
GREATER LAPEER TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
AUGUST 14, 2013
CALL TO ORDER
Meeting was called to order at 4:00PM by Chairman Kosiara. Pledge of Allegiance.
John Kosiara, Larry Van Horn, David VanWagnen, Dan Engelman, Ray Hayes, John Lyons and Dawn Walker. Excused Harry Green. Others: Carol Wegher, Brad Fry, Beverly Dupuis
Regular meeting closed at 4:02 and the public meeting opened at 4:02. No public. Motion by Walker, second by Engelman to approve Resolution Establishing 2013 Millage Levies. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously. Public meeting closed at 4:05. Regular meeting reopened at 4:06.
CHANGES TO AGENDA
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON AGENDA ITEMS
CORRESPONDENCE – Letter from Ray Hayes
Discussion regarding the GLTA fare structure.
- Motion by Walker second by Lyons to approve the agenda as submitted. Motion approved.
- Motion by Walker second by Lyons to approve the minutes of the July 10, 2013 meeting as submitted. Motion approved.
- Motion by Hayes second by Engelman to approve the bill list as submitted. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously.
- Motion by Walker second by Engelman contract #2012-0089/P8 FY 2013 Section 5311 Capital/Small Cities Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program. Funds will be used for one bus replacement and automatic vehicle locators. Motion approved.
- Motion by Engelman second by VanWagnen to approve Fingerprint Criminal Background Policy for all new employees. Motion approved.
- Discussion regarding combining Action Items and Discussion Items. Per Board consensus the agenda will remain as it is currently.
- Motion by Walker second by Lyons to approve the revised Procurement Policy as submitted. Motion approved.
- Maintenance issues were discussed.
- Income/Expense Statement was reviewed.
- Balance Sheet was reviewed.
- State/Federal issues regarding the FY2014 funding formula was discussed.
- Open Contracts
i. FY11 Section 5311/CMAQ/STP Bus Replacement, Parking Lot, & Communication Equipment.
ii. FY12 Section 5311/STP Bus Replacement.
- Head Start programming will be reducing bussing from nine round trips per day to four.
- Wage comparison was discussed.
- GLTA website is being updated.
- Increase of advertising was discussed.
- TAPTCO classes are currently in progress.
- Robin Lemeron was named “Rookie of the Year” at the 2013 State Small Bus Rodeo.
- Ridership had increased in July.
The next meeting will be held on September 11, 2013.
Motion by Hayes second by Van Horn to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 5:40.
Beverly Dupuis, Recording Secretary Dawn Walker, Secretary