July 9, 2014
GREATER LAPEER TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
JULY 9, 2014
CALL TO ORDER
- Meeting was called to order at 4:00 by Chairman Kosiara. Pledge of Allegiance.
- John Kosiara, Larry VanHorn, Dan Engelman, Ray Hayes, Dawn Walker, Harry Green. Excused: Dave VanWagnen, John Lyons. Others: Carol Wegher, Brad Fry, Beverly Dupuis and Mary Ann Shannon.
CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO AGENDA
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce membership.
- GLTA employee Mary Ann Shannon suggested that a driver be a member of the Board of Directors. Board suggested that employees (or an appointed representative) attend the meetings.
- Motion by Walker, second by Engelman to approve the agenda with addition.
- Motion by VanHorn, second by Walker to approve the minutes of the June 11, 2014 meeting as submitted. Motion approved unanimously.
- Motion by Hayes, second by Engelman to approve the bill listing as submitted. Roll call vote. Motion approved unanimously.
- Contracts – none.
- Funding /Service cuts were tabled until the next meeting.
- Monroe Street property owner did not accept GLTA’s offer to purchase. There will be no counter offer per Board consensus.
- Checks will be issued next week to all hourly employees for the payroll error from February 28, 2011 to March 8, 2014.
- Motion by Engelman, second by Green to join Michigan Chamber of Commerce. Motion approved unanimously.
- Maintenance issues were discussed.
- Income/Expense Summary was reviewed.
- Balance Sheet was reviewed.
- State/Federal Issues – none.
- Open Contracts P7-FY12 Section 5309 State of Good Repair 5 bus replacements and P8FY13 Section 5311 CMAQ 1 bus replacement should be arriving in the next week.
- NEMT – Michigan Public Transit Association formed Michigan Transportation Connection which is a nonprofit 5013C. MTC will serve as the broker for non emergency medical transportation for public transportation agencies.
- The parking lot will be getting repaired and restriped within the next few weeks.
- Ridership for June 2014 increased over 1200 rides from June 2013.
- Next meeting is scheduled for August 13, 2014.
Motion by Engelman, second by Green to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 4:53.
Beverly Dupuis Recording Secretary Dawn Walker Secretary